We often hear people complain that they have exercised for a long time but didn't have an effect even invited discomfort. Su Hao, associate professor from the School of Human Movement Science of Beijing Sport University, said unscientific exercise can damage health and reduce people's enthusiasm for exercise. Here are 10 common bad habits that often have negative effects on exercise.
1. Follow the trending. People who do the exercise following the exercise trending without basing on the self-condition are easily to cause injury. For example, someone has died suddenly in the Marathon; someone needed to lose weight but did the strength training following the trending. Besides that, the wrong exercise mode during one’s disease may aggravate the disease, for example, patients with diabetes who don’t take the proper exercise will be led to glucose fluctuation.
2. Centralized fitness. Seizing the weekend to take exercise isn’t as effective as long-term adherence and moderate exercise. Under normal circumstance, the centralized exercise has intensive strength and is easy to bring injury. Also the effect it has will gradually disappear at rest. Irregular sudden exercise will exacerbate physical fatigue, affecting the normal rest.
3. Over exercise. In order to obtain better results, we often try a little bit longer. However, if you are already exhausted, but still insist on it, the body will be abnormal, such as over fatigue, injury, low immunity. After the exercise, if you still feel very tired after a night of rest, it means you had over exercise.
4. Lack of sleep. Lack of sleep will make the neural regulation disorder. During the exercise, you are prone to high blood pressure, heart disorder and other cardiovascular diseases when lacking of sleep. Sleep can also help to repair the damage made in the movement and metabolise acidic substances. Therefore, before running, climbing, badminton, basketball and other intensive exercises (that make heart rate up to 150 times per minute or more), you must have a regular sleep.
5. Distraction. Listening to music or watching videos when running can help against boredom. But your distraction may weaken the body control ability, losing the judgment on speed and environment. Your actions may not be standardized without noticing, thus the effect of fitness is greatly reduced. The nonstandard actions will not achieve the goal of exercise, even will lead to heavy injury.
6. Unsuitable outfit. In cold winter, it is not rare to see people doing walking exercise with heavy clothes or boots. It is easy to have problem. During the exercise, your shoes are force bearing point, and inappropriate shoes will generate incorrect stress transmission, leading to sport injury. Apart from that, tight clothes will limit the range of movement and reduce the movement effect. Strenuous exercise is also easy to cause muscle injury. Therefore, wearing protective equipment can guarantee safety of exercise, such as knee pads, elbow pads and helmet for bicycling.
7. Do exercise when hungry. When people is hungry, the body lacking of energy supply will cause increased fatigue in the exercise, which is a direct impact on the functioning of the brain and muscles, so that the ability to control the action is going down and lead to injury. The lack of energy will also affect the intensity and duration of exercise, reduce the effect of exercise, and cause syncope, fatigue, hypoglycemia and other extreme phenomena. People in the habit of morning exercise may as well eat some snacks like bread or fruit candy.
8. Eat immediately after exercise. In the exercise, the blood is mainly concentrated in the skeletal muscle, heart, circulatory system, and the body's digestive capacity is relatively low. Eating right after the exercise will increase the burden on the stomach and lead to indigestion. Under normal circumstances, 30~60 minutes after exercise is the best for eating.
9. Wait until you're thirsty. Every time of pause and break in the exercise, you should force yourself to drink water. After the exercise, you should drink the water timely. Drinking water in the exercise should be a small amount for a few times, 100 ml for every 15~20 minutes is the best. If you have had dinner before the exercise or within one-hour-long exercise, you could drink plain boiled water or alkaline mineral water; if you havn't, you could drink sports drinks.
10. Unquestioning adherence. If you still take the exercise without considering the weather and environmental conditions, your body might get damaged, such as the haze and dust days, too early in the winter morning, jogging on the street.