Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding ASA (WWH) is a global maritime industry group, headquartered in Lysaker, Norway. The group employs approximately 17,600 people and has operations in 73 nations.
The WW group had an operating profit of 339 million United States dollars according to figures published in February 2015 and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. It was founded on 1 October 1861 in Tønsberg. Though the company's first vessel was the Mathildein 1886, they started making profits only after the vessel Talabot in 1887. Thence, all their ships have been named, started with the letter "T", often leading to the same name given repeatedly to different ships over time. For example, there have been at least four ships named Talabot ranging from tankers to ro-ro vessels.
The ground floor of the head office also houses (close to the entrance) an honorary consul office. One of the underground chambers houses casks of Linje Akvavit that are carried in containers on their ships, and usually served at staff meetings and annual officer get-togethers in the ground floor. The first and second floors also house memorabilia from their various vessels.
The company was founded by Wilhelm Wilhelmsen in 1861. It is currently owned by the siblings Wilhelm Wilhelmsen, Finn Wilhelmsen, Cecilie Paus and Helen Juell.